Book of Psalms Quiz
1) How many Psalms are in the Book of Psalms?
2) The word Psalms is an English transliteration of the Greek word Psalmoi found in the Septuagint. What does it mean when fully translated?
3) Some Psalms cite their author. Who is the most frequently cited author in the Psalms?
4) The Psalms are arranged in five books. Each book closes with:
a) a joke
b) a doxology and benediction
5) Who called the Book of Psalms "a little Bible, and a summary of the Old Testament"?
c) Martin Luther
6) From which Psalm did Jesus quote while He was dying on the cross?
a) Psalm 23
b) Psalm 22
c) Psalm 1
7) Probably the most well known Psalm begins with the words, "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want...". Which Psalm is this?
a) Psalm 21
b) Psalm 22
c) Psalm 23
8) Psalm 117 is the shortest chapter in the Bible - just 5 lines. Who used this Psalm to show that the nations share in the promise of the Patriarchs?
9) Which Psalm is the longest - an acrostic of 22 stanzas, one for each letter of the Hebrew alphabet - a meditation on the excellencies of the Word of God?
a) Psalm 118
b) Psalm 119
c) Psalm 150
10) Psalm 150 mentions 7 different kinds of what, which God should be praised with?
a) Musical Instruments
Got A Bible Question?
Web Evangelism Guide
Quiz script provided by